You will work closely with Product, Design, and Tech to identify and prioritize prototyping needs, finding opportunities to enhance the experience and delight our users.
You are highly skilled at prototyping product design concepts across all digital platforms.
You will advocate for new ideas with the ability to execute both thoughtful UX and intuitive UI design.
You possess the ability to create multiple concepts and understand when to deploy the right level of prototype fidelity for the appropriate user validation approach.
You embody a user-first, team-first mentality, and are constantly looking for ways to enhance world class product experiences.
Comfort and familiarity with digital transformation will be required.
- Collaborating in design ideation and exploration
- Collaborating with Nexus’s Product Manager & UX designers to create functional prototypes and quickly iterate upon design concepts for new products & features
- Build context specific prototypes determining appropriate technologies and deliverables for the unique needs of each project and it’s handoff requirements
- Encourage and facilitate rapid ideation and growth of designs and concepts via prototyping
- Deliver engaging prototypes using the latest front-end technologies available
Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Proficient in various prototyping tools (InVision, paper, Proto.io, etc…)
- Expert competency in HTML, CSS and semantic markup
- Strong in cross-browser and mobile JS and CSS complexities and troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge of accessibility requirements and methods for implementation
- Understanding of the fundamentals of software development, including best practices and OOD design patterns
- Ability to interpret the core purpose of a design and translate to user interface
- BS in Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- Experience collaborating with designers and product managers
- Experience with CSS pre-compiler, like LESS or SASS
- Experience with server-side development a plus (nodeJS, Redis, SQL, MongoDB or other)
Other Skills & Attributes
- Excellent visual, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage time effectively to meet multiple, tight deadlines
- Self-directed and collaborative team player
- Able to work remotely and in a largely self-directed environment
- Good communication skills to explain the features and functionality of the prototypes
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving skills while wearing a Systems Administration and IT Specialist hat.