We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to support in the day to day running of the finance department. The position is based in Greater London, but there is also the possibility of working remotely in Europe or Asia.
We are in the throes of scaling and are looking to recruit a commercially seasoned finance professional to join our talented, energetic team to drive real challenge and improvement across the business.This is an exciting and high-profile role for someone who really wants to make a difference. You will need drive and ambition to succeed in a fast-growing business. You and your team will lead on all aspects of commercial decision support and financial control.
Opportunities with Nexus
- You will enjoy a rapid growth start-up experience led by a highly seasoned serial entrepreneur management team (with a few successful exits under their belts), backed by a group of high-profile investors and with a space in London Stock Exchange’s Elite program.
- You will be part of an extremely friend and motivated international team and benefit from quick career development opportunities
- You will work out of our great London office in an amazing co-working space in the City
- Develop and document business processes to maintain & strengthen internal controls
- Suggest and drive changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions
- Assessing risk and opportunities and providing the CFO, COO, CEO and board with concise, accurate, and timely information concerning past, current, and forecasted business performance – providing solutions to foreseen changes
- Accurate cash flow management and forecasting
Implement and maintain the key financial and reporting systems including management accounts, financial accounts and cash
- Compile the annual statutory financial statements and consolidated financial statements at year end
- Prepare annual budgets and forecasts in partnership with all departments within the business
- Assisting our external accountant in the preparation of VAT returns, annual accounts, corporation tax and payroll related matters within statutory deadlines
- Oversee the R&D tax claim process
- Dealing with foreign exchange transactions
- Create, send and follow up on invoices and PO’s
- Upload staff expenses
- Day to day accounting and bookkeeping, reconciling multiple accounts in multiple currencies
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation
- Assisting in commercial contracts review and renewals
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
- Must be detailed, organised and proactive
- Excellent Excel skills
- Experience with XERO accounting software
- Enjoys a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on their own and as a part of the team
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Hands-on, operational, with a ‘can do’ approach, happy to manage, but equally happy to roll his/her sleeves up.
- Start-up/early stage experience
- Strong sense of ownership and the desire to strive to achieve results
- Open mind to taking on new challenges and projects in a fast-paced, growing business
- Highly commercial, able to manage the broader perspective, whilst maintaining a key eye for detail.
- A motivated character who wants to join us in our journey of rapid growth
- Negotiable based on experience.
If you are interested in this opportunity and believe you meet our needs, please also send your CV and cover letter to Celine at [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com